Thursday, March 05, 2009

BLOOD!

it was raining this morning.. to an extend of which can be considered as a 'cat and dog' rain... so, i took up my old rusty half broken umbrella ..this is the first time i experience raining in the morning especially when i am on my way to scl...







......In the scl...




'prick'




i felt a slight pain on my left finger tip




the next thing i know is my finger tip starts bleeding




it is ...basically nothing...i was just in a practical for cholesterol measurement




and guess wad? my cholesterol lvl is .....too low to be calculated(LO)!...haha... actually mayb becoz i dint drip enough blood to be tested la...xD
later, 1 of my group member got a reading of 4.55mmol/L (normal should be lower than 5mmol/L) and he was shocked...LOL! but then, we were told that the thing is not really that accurate, juz a rough estimation only and it is affected by the amount of blood u test..
anyway, right after the cholesterol thing, we did another practical on blood pressure measurement...i was really fun... but too bad our group's stethoscope dint work and only less than 30 mins are given which is not enough...duh...




No comments: